I’d like to echo NICVA in asking the general public and publicly disposed organisations to respond to this consultation on the Urban Stewardship and Design Manual for Northern Ireland.
- To assist in strengthening city and town centres and to increase their vitality and viability making better places to live and work and more attractive to visitors and investors
- to promote a positive sense of place encompassing local involvement, distinctiveness, visual quality and potential to encourage social and economic activity which are fundamental to a richer and more fulfilling environment.
- well maintained, well managed and well connected streets and places;
- reduced speeding and pedestrian safety;
- how to ensure that buildings and environments are convenient and enjoyable to use for everyone.
- engage with relevant stakeholders, to include: Roads Service, Planning NI, DSD (Regeneration), NICVA; Strategic Investment Board NI; and NITB etc;
It’s really an invitation for the civic minded to consider what 21st Century (and perhaps even 22nd Century) cities should look like.