SMSTextNews comes in with some timely tips considering the weather is so bad here in Nor’n Ireland and this might motivate some of us to run for the hills…or maybe the Playa del Arseholio. The tips are all about how to save money when using your mobile abroad. Of course you’re going to use your mobly abroad unless some bright spark thinks of an alternative (yes, I know).
They also point to an Ofcom brochure.
For my part I’m hoping to make as much use of Skype and FON as I can. That means:
- activating my SkypeIn number again
- making sure I bring my N800 and my charger for same. Unless Skype surprise us with an app on the App Store
- making sure I can log into FON and find somewhere for my second FON router.
- making sure I know where every other Free WiFi spot in 6 cities in 6 countries lies
- adding O2’s 50 MB roaming bundle making data Â£1 a MB rather than Â£3-6
I travel infrequently enough at the moment that this should suffice. July-August is just going to be a bit busy in terms of travel for me.