Translink said in their annual report that they had 77 million passenger journeys.
I’m sending an FOI request into Translink to ask some questions that I think need answering.
I would appreciate some information about the operation of your services.
According to your 2010/11 Annual Report, on page 59, it seems to say that you have 1,469 buses and 34 trains.
- can you clarify if this is correct and whether I have interpreted the figures correctly?
- can you clarify the breakdown of vehicles between Metro, Ulsterbus, Enterprise and other services?
Can you clarify how many seats you have across all of your services:
- how many of these buses are single decker and how many are double decker?
- how many seats are there on each of these bus types?
According to your 2010/11 Annual Report, you claim 77 million passenger journeys. Can you clarify the following:
- can you provide a breakdown of the time of day for these journeys?
- What percentage were before 9 am?
- What percentage were between 9 am and 5 pm?
- What percentage were between 9 am and 7 pm?
- What percentage were after 7 pm?
- can you provide a customer profile for these journeys?
- What percentage of these journeys were subsidised fares due to the traveller being pensioned, possessing an ELB pass other concessions due to low income, disability or unemployment?
- What percentage of these journeys used monthly or annual ticket arrangements to reduce costs?
- What percentage of these journeys paid full price?
- can you provide a regional profile for these journeys?
- by county, how many of these journeys originated in each of the counties of Northern Ireland?
- by county, what percentage of their journeys attracted a concessionary or subsidised fare (see above)?
- by county, what was the approximate revenue obtained from each county?
- And with special reference to Derry~Londonderry, can you provide the following information?
- by timetable, how many individual buses and trains service Derry~Londonderry?
- by timetable, how many inbound and outbound journeys are there servicing Derry~Londonderry?
- how many of the 77 million passenger journeys were attributed to the Derry~Londonderry region?
- by occupancy, can you define the percentage usage of the buses and trains servicing Derry~Londonderry?
Many thanks for your patience.
As I said earlier, my aim is to piece information to create a business case for the following pilot –
- free buses and train transport in the North West from 1st Jan – 31st December 2013
- free buses and train transport for anyone outside the North West travelling TO Derry/Londonderry from 1st Jan – 31st December 2013
All of this in support of UK City of Culture 2013.
You have to start somewhere.