A few related links:
- Digital First – describing how Netflix (and more recently Amazon Studios) are becoming a new force in television production.
- KILL HOLLYWOOD – wherein we discuss the recent YCombinator call for new disruptive business models in traditional audience-based media.
- Television – describing the imminent demise of television business models.
- Made for App – a new way of distributing television without the television and without the broadcaster with a comedy-horror genre and a distribution model that is essentially “iTunes plus App”.
- TheClandestineTV – a new NI-produced web comedy series – with a business model and a fresh approach to making money.
- The C Project – Scattered Images / Marty Stalker taking on new challenges, new collaborations. His last work I’ve seen, the local festival showing Desecration and Coast among others, was a great example of what can be achieved by a small group of passionate people.
These are interesting because of the potential they bring. Ive spoken before that I’d like to make some short films, some television episodes, maybe even a feature – but the struggle is finding the right people with the right talent and the right amount of free time.
I’m thinking this Internet thing would be a great distribution partner.
I wonder what tomorrow will bring #wwdc